Pursuant to a long-term agreement with the Estonian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications, Metrosert fulfils the functions of the Central Office of Metrology in Estonia (equivalent to a National Metrology Institute).
Eesti Standardimis- ja Akrediteerimiskeskus MTÜ has accredited Metrosert as the calibration and verification laboratory and a certification body.
Metrosert is authorised to perform the initial EC verification of measuring instruments in European Union and is a notified body in the European Union in the initial EC verification of non-automatic scales. Our identification number is 1543.
Metrosert represents Estonia in EURAMET e.V. and has signed Mutual Recognition Arrangement CIPM MRA for national measurement standards and for calibration and measurement certificates issued by National Metrology Institutes. Metrosert is an eligible participant of The European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research(EMPIR).
The company is the successor of the Chamber of Weights and Measures established in 1919.
Metrosert participates in Estonian and international standardization activities through the technical committees of the Eesti Standardimis- ja Akrediteerimiskeskus (EVS/TC 38 Metrology, EVS/TC 33 Management systems and conformity assessment).
- Share capital 1 979 700 €
- The shares belong to the Republic of Estonia
- The number of employees is 57
- Predecessor, the Chamber of Weights and Measures, was established in 1919.
- During 40-years period until the beginning of 1990s metrology laboratories in Tallinn, Tartu, Pärnu and Kohtla-Järve were a part of state measurement system, while bearing different names.
- On the basis of these, state companies Metrosert, Tartu SMK, Pärnu SMK and Kohtla-Järve SMK were founded in 1992.
- On 21 January 2000 Metrosert and Tartu SMK were merged.
- AS Metrosert holds the national measurement standards since 2001
- Company is the Central Office of Metrology of Estonia since 2002