VERIFICATION OF MEASURING INSTRUMENTS
“Verification means a procedure whereby a competent verification laboratory inspects the compliance a measuring instrument with the requirements” (Metrology Act § 2, clause 21).
The purpose of verification is to protect the interests of citizens and state from possible losses caused by incorrect measurements. Verification of measuring instruments is an obligation regulated by the legal acts of Estonia and the European Union. The Republic of Estonia has granted Metrosert the right to act as an authorized and notified body under the Metrology Act and the Product Conformity Act. On the basis of this Metrosert performs national initial and subsequent verification and conformity assessment of measuring instruments as an inspection authority.
The certificate and annexes thereof issued by EAC establish the scope of accredited verification services of AS Metrosert.
- Accreditation certificate I050
- Annex 1 to certificate I050, scope of accreditation regarding national initial and subsequent verification
- Annex 2 to certificate I050, scope of accreditation regarding compliance assessment of measuring instruments
The Technical Regulatory Authority has authorised AS Metrosert to act as an authorised and notified body based on the following document:
VERIFIED MEASURING INSTRUMENTS
- Measuring instruments that measure mass: Automatic and non-automatic scales
- Measuring instruments that measure quantities (volume) of liquid (fuel dispensers and capacity measures)
- Water and heat meters
- Measuring instruments that measure length (tape measures, level meters of tanks, measuring wheels)
- Measuring instruments used in providing traffic services and in traffic supervision:
- Measuring instruments used in providing health care services (scales)
Additional information: customer service