Certification of management systems
Metrosert is a recognized certification authority for management systems in Estonia. Metrosert certifies the following:
- Quality management systems (ISO 9001)
- Environmental management systems (ISO 14001)
- Occupational health and safety management systems (EVS 18001/ISO 45001)
- Food safety management systems (ISO 22000)
The certificate issued by Metrosert states that a company has implemented a quality management, environmental management, food safety or occupational health and safety management system and that the system is operational in conformity to the requirements of the respective standards. The certificate is issued for three years.
BASIC CERTIFICATION DOCUMENTS
- ISO/IEC 17021 standard
- ISO/TS 22003 standard
- Guidelines of the associations of accreditation institutions International Accreditation Forum (IAF) and European co-operation for Accreditation (EA)
STAGES OF CERTIFICATION
Requesting a quote
The amount of work related to certification is calculated in auditor-days based on the number of people working at the company, the number of places of business and the complexity of the field. A quote for the certification is offered based on a request for a quote. Organizations that accept the terms of the quote are signed to a certification agreement.
A competent team carries out the certification audit to verify conformity to the standards. The certification audit has two stages. In stage I, the adequacy of documentation, internal audits and management review is assessed and any ambiguities are resolved. The client is provided descriptions of any non-conformities found in stage I of the audit.
Stage II of the certification audit is carried out no later than three months after stage I of the audit is completed. The objective of stage II of the certification audit is to assess how the organization’s management system has been implemented. During the audit, visits are paid to the organization’s permanent and temporary places of business. Findings made during the audit are analysed together with the representatives of the organization, determining the impact of the findings on the performance of the organization’s activities. The results of the certification audit are presented to the organization as a written report. The organization has three months to eliminate the non-conformities.
Issuing the certificate
The certificate is issued after all non-conformities found in the certification audit are eliminated. The certificate remains in force for three years. Regularly held surveillance audits during the term of validity of the certificate verify the organization’s conformity to the requirements.
During the term of validity of the certificate, surveillance audits are held at an interval of every six, nine or 12 months, depending on the agreement with the organization. The results of the surveillance audit are presented to the organization as a written report. The organization has three months to eliminate the non-conformities.
Cancellation or suspension of management system certification
Metrosert can cancel or stop the certificate if
- the customer has violated the rules on which the certification is based or the terms of the certification agreement;
- the client does not allow the supervision audit to be carried out in a timely manner;
- the client has provided incorrect data during certification or supervision;
- the client has not reported changes in its management system;
- the client is unable to liquidate the non-conformities found during the audit;
- a financial liability has been incurred for Metrosert;
- the client organization has ceased its activities;
- the customer has made an application for that effect.
Renewing a certificate
The term of validity of an issued certificate can be extended every three years. To extend the term of validity of the certificate, a re-certification audit shall be held. If no major changes have taken place in the organization, the extent of the certificate renewal audit shall conform to stage II of the certification audit.
Phone: 372 681 4821